The Best Herbal Tea Blend to Help Lower Blood Sugar & High Blood Pressure- Avaram Senna Flowers (Cassia Auriculata) & Coriander Seeds (Coriandrum sativum)
Health Boosting Benefits Benefits:
- The two main ingredients in this blend are Avaram Senna flower and Coriander seeds, which are a natural source of antioxidants.
- Lowers the blood sugar level.
Avaram Senna flowers contains bioactive antidiabetic principles- flavonoids, sterols/terpenoids, phenolic acids.Antihyperglycaemic action of coriander seeds is associated with stimulation of insulin secretion and enhancement of glucose uptake and metabolism by muscle. Coriander seeds enhanced glucose transport, glucose oxidationand glycogenesis.
- Acts as liver detoxifying agents.
- This body cooling blend, treats excessive thirst by keeping the body hydrated.
- Lowers blood cholesterol and helps to maintain healthy body weight.
- Strengthens the body’s immune system.
- Fights Food Poisoning– helps to guard against food-borne pathogens and microbial infections. e.g. typhoid, cholera.
- Relives symptoms of urinary tract infection and painful urination, by preventing bacterial growth and by excreting harmful toxins from the body.
- Avaram Senna flower acts as a natural laxative that helps prevent constipation.
- Coriander Seeds helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Helps to ease digestive discomfort.
- Regular drinking of this herbal tea helps to supports and regulates healthy menstrual function. Avaram Senna flower is effective for women who experience irregular menstrual cycle. In addition, coriander helps to reduce the bloating, cramps and pain during the cycle.
For a rejuvenating cup of tea: one to two teaspoons of dried herb(s) per cup of tea. Crush the herbal blend in your palms before adding it to the pot.
- Place the loose-leaf tea directly in the cup/pot (or tea ball).
- Bring filtered water to boil. Pour the boiling water over the herb.
- Cover the cup with a lid (this helps preserve the vital nutrients and aromatic properties of the herbs from evaporating into the air).
- Let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain and Enjoy.
- Grated orange rind, crushed coriander leaves, powdered cinnamon, lemon juice, cardamom, dried ginger or crushed black pepper corns may also be added.
- Add Palm sugar or stevia for sweetness, if required.
- The tea may also be prepared with milk instead of water. Boil the tea blend with milk, strain and serve.
- You may also powder this blend along with cardamom seeds, to add to your teas.
Storing Your Tea Blends: Store herbal teas in a glass jar, away from sunlight. Crushing the flowers, leaves, and berries before adding them to the tea, helps to release flavours from the herbs.
Note: The organic herbs are shade dried and sourced from- Tanjore Herbals. For more information please write to us at email@example.com.
- Effect of aqueous and ethanol extracts of Cassia auriculata L. flowers on diabetes using alloxan induced diabetic rats.